My photo
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” ~Dr. Seuss

Sunday, September 14, 2008

things to do on Sunday mornings

Things to do before leaving for church:

1.) look out window/note weather

2.) after seeing driving rain and flailing trees: check forecast online

3.) check churches web pg. to see if services are still being held



Things not to do:

1.) ignore list above

2.) wear white blouse and floor length skirt with 2x the necessary amount of fabric

3.) proceed to church after passing thru flooded roads, and by parks turned to lakes



If you aren't getting at least a small picture of how my morning went then, well, you're slow. Thankfully there are huge windows in the stairwell so I did have the forethought to run back to my room and retrieve an umbrella and jacket. However the umbrella is only worthwhile if the rain is coming down straight upon it and not at a nearly horizontal diagonal. And the jacket is only useful if it is buttoned up.


I am now, sitting in the lounge, my sopping clothes in the dryer, clad in sweatshirt, fuzzy socks and slippers. And, now that I am warm an dry, I must say the rain and bending trees are beautiful from my side of the glass. I shall spend a lazy Sunday with hot tea, text books, and a nap I think.

1 comment:

Pookie said...

sounds...lovely...:oP