My photo
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” ~Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

things in my world

This weekend I realized that while I want children, lots of them, all laughing and yelling and running about an old farmhouse, I don't want them yet and I would very much like to skip teething, long sleepless nights and potty training. It must have been somewhere between the the 1-4am cry-athon of Sam (9months) and the millionth fit thrown by Hanna (2years) that I came to this conclusion.
There were many moments that made me smile, long for my own house and kids to fill it with noise. However the hair pulling ones between made me glad for my tiny dorm room and selfish life of pleasing me, and taking care of my every need without thought for childen dependant on my care and protection of them.

I'm quite pleased with my life as of now, besides the momentary annoyances with working and going to school.

I also realized the magnificent beauty of babysitting/nannying: you leave the children with their parents. You are not indefinitely responsible.

2 comments:

Pookie said...

So true. I love babysitting but I am so not ready for children. I quite enjoy my me-ish life as well..lol

Pookie said...

my dear, it has been nearly a week since last you posted and I am beginning to wonder--have to drop of the face of blog-world?